This four-day meeting covers key concepts in interventional cardiology in a practical, accessible format.
The faculty features renowned pioneers and innovators as well as rising stars in the field. The format consists of core lectures and brief syntheses of key topics, followed by panel discussions of hot topics and clinical case scenarios, as well as angiographic reviews of challenging cases. There are also opportunities for small-group gatherings with faculty.
Who Should Attend Fellows 2023?
This course is designed for (in order of applicant consideration):
- Interventional cardiology fellows in their first or second year in ACGME-accredited programs in the United States.
- Interventional cardiology fellows in their first or second year in programs in Canada, Mexico, or the United States that are not accredited by ACGME.
- Cardiovascular disease/general cardiology fellows in their final year (third or fourth) who are in ACGME-accredited programs in the United States and who have a confirmed acceptance to an interventional cardiology fellowship.
- Cardiovascular disease/general cardiology fellows in their final year (third or fourth) who are in ACGME-accredited programs in the United States.
Through interactive training, panel discussions, didactic lectures, and networking opportunities, Fellows 2023 covers:
- Rationale for revascularization procedures in simple and complex lesion subsets .
- Basic and complex angioplasty.
- Appropriate use of drug-eluting stents and adjunctive devices.
- Pharmacologic therapy decisions.
- Use of intravascular imaging/physiology
- Plus! Noncoronary topics, including structural heart disease, vascular medicine, and endovascular intervention.
After completing the course, participants should be able to:
- Compare/contrast current practices and controversies on advanced coronary and vascular interventions.
- Appraise clinical data regarding cutting-edge technologies and pharmacologic therapeutics.
- Apply evidence-based medicine from clinical trials to revascularization decisions and techniques.
Not Just for Fellows!
We welcome other health care professionals who wish to review key concepts in interventional cardiology.
- Practicing interventional cardiologists.
- Clinical cardiologists .
- Catheterization laboratory nurses.
- Cardiovascular technicians.
- Other health care professionals involved in interventional cardiovascular procedures.